Public Art Planning
Public art is generally defined as art located in the public realm, and usually, but not always, commissioned specifically for the site where it will be located.
We can support cultural organisations and artists with the following:
- We advise on the commissioning, acquisition and management of public art
- We advise on the development, preparation and negotiation of public art commission contracts (whether the artwork is acquired or loaned)
- We advise on the key areas that are relevant to public art commissions:
- frameworks and models for the commissioning and art work production process
- Industry practice, commercial and legal terms relating to public art such as: Intellectual property, liability, insurance, production, transfer of title, financial terms, care and maintenance, as well as the deaccessioning, removal or change of location of the artwork